Friday, March 15, 2013

Battling with Power Rangers

I'm so fired up about making a mock up of my idea. Experimenting with a new method is fun, and it's exciting to think that it might serve to move my art forward. Hmm, how to start. Oh, don't laugh at what's next - I'm going to play with some Power Rangers! I have a set of them in the house, and I think they are approximately the right proportions (if you minus a bunch of muscularity and bustiness!) And they are jointed, so I can set them up it position.

A while later… I'm done playing with those dolls! Their joints are not movable enough; I can't pose them the way I want. And their colors are distracting me. They're keepers though as I could see using them in some other mock up. Next up for a try out is the wooden artist's posing figures; I have one large and one small one. Don't see how that will help as I want to envision many people in the scene. Besides, have you ever tried manipulating one of those wooden figures? Hard to bend, joints don't flex. Hate to say it, but kind of like me in the morning! But they do have correct proportions for the most part.

Wait, Aha! They can be of help! I will make clay models using the small wooden figure as a guide for sizing! I can make enough to populate the whole scene. Hmmm, and just what might I be using for that? White foam core board, white poster board, white duct tape or clear tape (if it holds) and maybe some pins. I've gotta get busy collecting my supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd welcome your comments; type them in here: