Friday, May 24, 2013

Quilt National 2013


Greetings from Athens, Ohio! I flew out yesterday with Hari, my husband, for the opening of Quilt National 2013. I've been looking forward to this for awhile, as my latest quilt. "No One but You" has been accepted into the show. There is a reception this afternoon for the artists only, then the official opening of the show, awards ceremony and banquet. QN happens every other year, and is a prestigious show to be accepted into - sort of the Holy Grail for art quilters. I'm anxious to see the other accepted pieces. QN has the honor of presenting all the art for the first time; none of the artists were supposed to show their accepted piece before the opening. I'll let you know what I think afterwards, I'm curious to see if I can spot any trends in this event for contemporary art quilting.

1 comment:

  1. It was wonderful to meet you at the QN opening and learn more about your process. The years spent on this work was well worth it. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I'd welcome your comments; type them in here: