Saturday, February 9, 2013

How about the people?


How do you remember people? I want people in my quilt going about different ways of remembering - photographs, stories, thinking. Maybe groups of people; people interacting.

This is a pose I think would work well. Two seated people looking at a photo album. Their faces are not important. One person holds an album in their lap while the other cranes their neck to see.

                                                           

I love this group, especially the woman with her head thrown back in laughter. The body posture will be important to convey a dynamic conversation going on.





I've started to remove the background from  my husband's photo of a Oaxacan  father and his kids. I'd really like to use the pose of the man.  He seems to be quietly resigned to his thoughts.  The folded hands and slight slouch help to give that feeling.  Something about him - his  weight, his posture,  something - reminds me of my brother also, so that would be good to put in this quilt.

Now that I've selected a lot of reference images, 

how are they going to look together?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd welcome your comments; type them in here: