Thursday, April 11, 2013

area to work in

Bet you're wondering how the scene is coming along. I've created enough clay people and made places for them to sit. I've also cut some pieces of foam core into small blocks, so I'll be able to use them as supports or to change the height of something. My work area is becoming a mess, but who's got time to clean up?

Not I have to create a staging area. I've lowered my drafting table into a horizontal position and set it up against my design wall. I put a big sheet of foam core board to make the area a little bigger, and it will also be suitable to pin something into if I need to secure anything. A mottled brown fabric will serve as the ground.  I've pinned gray fabric to the wall so it will read as background atmosphere, and I've put up some black boards on one side to create a contrast. The colors won't matter, it's just to add some dimensionality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd welcome your comments; type them in here: