Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Building character(s)

I'm collecting quite a few pieces! The lumpy clay people are behaving nicely. I can position them easily as the armature of wire and tinfoil underneath the clay allows flexibility and stability. If i need them to sit, I can flatten the clay on their bottoms. If they refuse to stand, I can insist with a pin through their foot. I am ruthless! (Actually not - my middle name is Ruth!)

Tiny folding chairs are really difficult to make!










I've been referring to photos that I took in Oaxaca, Mexico as I work on the buildings. I look for the parts that intrigue me and that will fit with my idea. There are some alter/monuments that are interesting, and I realize that I don't have to keep the scale the same. Look at the photo below and see the monuments in the back - I've used the shapes for my foam core constructions. I've been making an assortment of shapes and sizes so I'll have the flexibility to make an interesting arrangement. Not sure which I'll use yet.

Cemetery in Oaxaca, Mexico
Hari Polansky


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd welcome your comments; type them in here: